Sophie la Girafe, the worlds favourite teether is famous the world over! Sophie is made in France from 100% natural rubber derived from the sap of the Hevea tree. Her flexible, renewable, natural materials and non-toxic paint mean she is a safe and natural teething toy for your baby from day one.
Sophies size and shape are ideal for a baby’s small hands to grasp. The long neck and legs and knobbly head all give baby grip for little hands and plenty of good places to latch on when they want to sooth.
Sophie was first produced in France in 1961 and has gone on to worldwide fame and lore! After sales of more than 50 million units (thats 50 million happy babies) Sophie the Giraffe is still the exact same today, still traditionally made in France to a top secret formula!
Sophie comes nicely gift boxed!
• Made from 100% natural rubber derived from the sap of the Hevea tree
• Natural Rubber is soft, safe & non-toxic for baby to teethe & chew.
• Lightweight & easy to grasp for tiny hands.
• Painted with non-toxic, food-grade paints.
• Stimulating to baby’s senses with her soft colours & gentle squeak.
• Bumpy head helps soothe sore, teething gums.
• Sophie makes an amusing squeak when squeezed – such fun for a baby!
• Slender, flexible & soft – babies love manipulating & teething Sophie.
• Sophie the Giraffe is Phthalate-Free with No Vinyl (no-PVC)!
• Born in France in 1961, Sophie the Giraffe is a classic!
• 18cm tall
• Suitable from birth +
Stimulating All 5 Senses
Sophie the Giraffe is baby’s first sensory development toy, stimulating each of the senses.
SIGHT : At the age of 3 months a baby’s eyesight is still limited and he can only make out stark contrasts. The dark and contrasting attention-catching spots all over Sophie the Giraffe’s body provide visual stimulation and she soon becomes a familiar and reassuring object for baby.
HEARING : Her squeaker keeps baby amused, stimulates hearing and then later, helps baby to understand the link between cause and effect.
TASTE : Sophie the Giraffe is made of 100% natural rubber and food paint, and is completely safe and natural to chew. Her soft texture and numerous chewable parts (ears, horns, legs) make her perfect for soothing baby’s sore gums when teething.
TOUCH : Touch is the first means baby has of communicating with the outside world. Sophie the Giraffe’s soft feel which warms to the touch is just like mummy’s skin, stimulating soothing physiological and emotional responses that soothe baby.
SMELL : The singular scent of natural rubber (from the Hevea tree) makes Sophie the Giraffe very special and easy for your child to identify amongst all his other toys.
EASY TO GRIP : Sophie the Giraffe’s shape and 18cm size are perfect for baby’s small hands. She is very light and her long legs and neck are easy for baby to grip, even from his earliest days.